The Lopus' family journey to fitness and wellness. This is not your average blog about weightloss, but a family's journey while they learn teamwork, perseverance and motivation. It is a story of faith and endurance, and how a family can pull together regardless of the past or current circumstances.

Monday, October 31, 2011

Monday week 6

Tonight Nicole told us that we were going to run a mile. Yeah, right I thought. Up to this point the longest I have run was 3 1/2 minutes (or about .2 of a mile). So I started and I was about ready to quit when I hit the 3 minute mark. So I said, surely I can make it to 4 minutes. I got there and thought, well no one else has stopped so I better keep going. I hit the 5 minute mark. Then came the 1/2 mile mark and I thought, I have NEVER run a half mile in my life! (okay maybe I did in grade school but I'm pretty sure I walked some of that). Still no one had quit so I wasn't going to either...I tried to focus on my breathing as my asthma was starting to kick in and I was feeling short of breath...I just kept moving and breathing. Mind you this was a very slow run LOL. Nicole kicked it up for a bit and I had to take it back down because I just couldn't catch my breathe, but once I did I finished up and hit that mile! ACK!!! I can't believe I did it!
Now I didn't do it quickly...12:34, but I finished, and I didn't walk.

1 comment:

  1. Great Job Mary! That is totally something to be proud of!

    ReplyDelete